Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

mousetrap


I almost lost my head. I put a sign up on a roof and just after putting hardware in realized the ladder was now on the other side of the sign. I took all but the center hardware out of it and turned the sign 90 degrees and perched it in a position that left it with a surprising amount of velocity once it started. The sign weighs about thirty pounds.

I had a good opening at Brooks Dental on Thursday. I did however get an odd comment... a compliment in a sense. "I really like your work, I just wish I could afford it." It's an odd thing to hear. I do have a formula or a rule of thumb that I go by and I do feel strongly that it is logical and I'm not going to change prices of paintings to a lower price in hopes that I'll start selling a lot of them. I wonder if I had a lot of money in the bank and was paying a mortgage instead of rent if that would reflect in my pricing- I wonder if it would reflect in the paintings themselves too.

No comments: